ESE 135: Topics in Atmosphere and Ocean Dynamics
The Warming Papers: The Scientific Foundation for the Climate Change Forecast, edited by David Archer and Raymond Pierrehumbert
|Part I: Climate Physics|
|1||04/03/19||The Greenhouse Effect||Clare|
|2||04/05/19||Wagging the Dog||Katrina|
|3||04/10/19||By the Light of the Silvery Moon||Lily|
|5||04/17/19||The Balance of Energy||Emmet|
|6||04/19/19||The Birth of the General Circulation Climate Model||Akshay/Lenka|
|8||04/26/19||Ocean Heat Uptake and Committed Warming||Sara|
|9||05/01/19||Taking Earth’s Temperature||Jia|
|10||05/03/19||Ice Sheets and Sea Level||Zach|
|11||05/08/19||The Public Statement||Ollie|
|Part II: The Carbon Cycle|
|12||05/10/19||The Sky is Rising!||Clare|
|13||05/15/19||Denial and Acceptance||Anna|
|15||05/22/19||One If by Land||Katrina|
|16||05/24/19||Two If by Sea||Lily/Newton|
|17||05/29/19||On Ocean pH||Sara|
- What was the historical context of the paper(s), scientific and otherwise?
- What analysis or argument is presented?
- What was the contribution to our understanding of the climate system and its change?
- What was incorrect or inaccurate?
- What else did you find interesting?
If you would like to discuss a chapter before presenting it to the group, please let me know. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or find me in my office in 221 Linde + Robinson.